Saturday, June 11, 2011

OMG, Ten Sleep is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD


Today was my first climbing day at Ten Sleep Canyon -and I'm SO HAPPY to be climbing on a rope again! This month, I'll be staying with Alli Rainey and Kevin Wilkinson -and today they let me come along as the third person in their party. Mind you, this is kind of like a tricycle with two shiny, spinny wheels and one that's all sticky and bent. But no matter, they belayed my silly body up some of the most fun climbs I've done in a while!

Today we climbed at the Slavery Wall, which sometimes goes by the name of "Poop Your Pants Because Climbing is so Fun Wall". The best part about climbing three is that someone can be taking pictures all the time. So we busted out the cameras and went to town.

Stealth Kevin camouflages himself cleverly to blend in with the rock. (Alli Rainey Photo)

This photo was actually rotated 90 degrees clockwise, and Kevin's just standing on the ground. (Alli Rainey Photo)

(Alli Rainey Photo)

Majestic birds and climber

Folks from Colorado, Montana, Texas, and more all parking the proper way

Kevin on a big linkup of a bunch of routes I can't remember. The resulting amalgamation name is something like "Big Penis Dumptruck Burden Backflip". I promise to pay more attention to route names and other specifics in the future. (Alli Rainey Photo)

Fancy lady on Jackabite (Kevin Wilkinson Photo)

Resting because this is more than 10 moves. (Kevin Wilkinson Photo)

The sweet, sweet Happiness in Slavery. (Kevin Wilkinson Photo)

Smiling because I planned ahead and wore a diaper. (Kevin Wilkinson Photo)

Sorry you're still belaying me, Alli, on Happiness in Slavery. (Kevin Wilkinson Photo)

(Kevin Wilkinson Photo)



The wall from the approach.

Alli climbing the crack shared by many routes as the start.

Alli approaching the start of her route

Jedi



Hippy photo time


Catching sick air, bra

Looking up Ten Sleep Canyon from Poop Your Pants Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment