Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye Croatia; Hello Slovenia (OSP!!), Italy...



This is Misja Pec- just one of the AMAZING crags in Osp. This sucker is BIG (tall and wide), steep, and climbs just like the crags in Rifle, Co. Great! 
Hi Mom-

We were in Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, and Slovenia again today. (Today's new countries for Christine were Slovenia and Italy.) We climbed at a place called Osp- as small, small town in the western corner of Slovenia near the Italian border. It was actually fun, and even though we had just a short time, I was able to send a pretty hard route! Screaming and all! I had to try really, really hard to do it. 

Osp is freaking amazing. It definitely does not have a lifetime of routes, but it has a huge, dense representation of difficult, overhanging limestone sport routes very similar in style to those in Rifle, Colorado. It's definitely a place to come when you're strong- but there's a ton to do! I wish I were staying longer, but think it best to move on to (Frankenjura) Germany, near Nuernberg, where there is likely to be a resident population of climbing bums. 

Sooner or later I'll move on to France, to climb at Ceuse (near Gap). A SLC friend of mine lives in Geneva (Switzerland), and so I'll probably meet up with her in France. (Or, ideally, I'll meet up with her in Geneva and she'll drive me b/c the climbing place in France is way out in the sticks and not accessible by public transport.)

In any case, I'm riding with Nate and Cheri to Munich tomorrow- at which point, I'll probably depart on the high speed train (wee!) to Nuernberg and get ready to get to Frankenjura. I'm excited about that. 

Still trying to lock down plans to meet up with my Swedish friends- but if they're not careful (i.e. they don't get in touch with me soon), I just might make other Swedish friends!

Love,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment