Friday, April 3, 2009

Why don't I live in Kentucky?


AFTER 10 DAYS at the Red, nearly half of which were snow and atmosphere/rock-saturating rain and humidity, I returned to Utah not at all ready to be back... snow, rain, work. You know. "Life". 

So after a few days of withdrawl (depression, dragging my feet, rocking back and forth in my chair, browsing images.google.com), my friend Will Mayo and I started email vollying. Will had had an excellent point: if I wanted to be back at the Red, why didn't I fly back? 

Well, Will- that's a good freaking question. 

So a flight was booked with Continental Airlines from SLC to LEX March 27-30. Passanger Christine Balaz.

I returned with over-the-top-psych and adolescent giddiness. Will and Peter picked me up at LEX... even did the grocery shopping. I brought only one light carry-on bag, borrowed sleeping gear, and shared draws, rope, cookware. 

We had three great days together. Weather-wise,  it was beautiful the first and last day- bad for a day in the middle- but perfect for jogging through the woods in rain gear to check out different crags. 

Anyway. I'm going back to the Red on the 17th for just two days before
 heading to out on some other eastern adventures... and possibly again next weekend, but I'm trying to avoid giving into such obsessive-compulsive behavior. We'll see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment