Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...because Utah's OK after all.


THE LAST FEW WEEKS have brought rocks of different sizes in Utah and the Arizona Strip... so not too much to report; I'll keep it brief. 


Two weekends ago my friend, Dan, suggested that we head to the St
George area... despite having steadfastly declared that I would spend the weekend nailed to my taxes, we rallied down and spent a day checking out Phalanx of Will, a night checking out Chuckawalla Wall, and a second day (and second session) freezing in shade, wind, and 43-degree temps at Cathedral/ Wailing Wall. (A guy there had a thermometer.)



Last weekend (Apr 8-12), my friend Ian came into SL
C and we went down to Joe's Valley- the only place within driving distance with a decent forecast. Thurs/ Fri were thuper-nice; we met up with Dean Lords and his friend, Heather. Sun was rocking as well; we "rolled deep" with a glorious crew from SLC including Mike, Cheryl, Nathan, Brett, and Zac. Saturday snowed, but it was warm in Momentum. 


Thursday night Dean Lords and I take the straight-up red eye to Columbus, Ohio f
or two days at the Red and eight in West Virginia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment